And then there was one...
All that's left of CX #1 is a skeleton. I have a bunch of junk to get rid of now. Keeping most of the parts I took off just in case the second bike needs anything unexpectedly. Really, the only thing I'm using are the wheels, the brake master cylinder and the turn signal switch. I was surprised how easy it was to remove the motor. Nice design.
The radiator fluid looked clean and green, which is a good thing. The rear drive fluid was clean too. All in good shape. Good spare parts. I need a good set of front forks, though. The ones on the first bike were air assist type and the ones on the new bike are bent. You can see the bend pretty good in the picture above on the far bike. The guy I bought it from has a good set on his '79 parts bike as well as a straight fender. I'll pick them up soon and then rebuild them.
Next is to start stripping down the good bike and begin cleaning everything. Tempted to take the motor out to really get access to everything considering how easy it was to remove.
I'm short on money for a couple weeks due to an unexpected car repair on my Volvo V70R so I won't be buying any more parts for this project for a little while. The mass air flow sensor took a crap today and it cost me $235 for a new one. Oh well. Gotta keep it moving my butt to work to pay for all this.
No comments:
Post a Comment