Friday, December 7, 2012

Bye Bye CX#1 Parts Bike


  Frame of the '78 went to the scrap yard today. Yay! More room in my garage now. Came home after work today and proceeded to pull out the motor of the '80. No problem.


 I think I'll order a complete gasket and seal set for the motor. I want to pull the timing cover off and make sure there's nothing bad happening with the chain and guides. Peace of mind is good. Lots of exterior cleaning to do. I want this motor spotless before it goes back in. I'll work on stripping down the rest of the bike tomorrow. My other tire and inner tubes showed up today. Also picked up a bench grinder and polisher. Ordered a set of front fork seals as well. I need to get a seat ordered soon. Gotta pay some bills first and start fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment